The Tunga Mahavidyalaya college Library was established 1967,It moved to are independent building in 1998 which is planned for one ground floor 70x50, First Floor 80x60 meters are is being used to accommodate the Browsing , Circulation, periodicals, Reference, Textbook and Language Sections. The building also houses an office, Librarian Room and cyber lab.
At present the library has in its stock 52,302 books, 87 back volumes of periodicals, 56 periodicals.
- Library provides open access facilities which help easy access and use of library as a Learning Resource.
- Library is following open access system, where the books from the stock section are borrowed by the faculty and students. The circulation counter updates day to day borrowing and returning of the books and statistics are maintained.
- Library is kept open to authorized members and entry/access is checked with user ID cards.
- Separate Log in and Log out register is maintained for students and faculty which helps tracking the day to day visitors and duration for which they used the library.
- Membership card is issued to student to borrow the books. The book card is arranged according to dept. wise which helps in knowing the status of the book easily
Monday to Saturday: 9.30 AM to 5. PM. Holidays on Sundays and Govt. Holidays
Organization Of Library Resources
- Books are arranged and Organized subject wise
- Journals are displayed alphabetically
- Reference books kept separately in reference section
- Back volumes of journals maintained
On-line Internet Services
Library is providing the internet services to the faculty and are using for daily.
Computerization of library
- For computerization E-Lib software automating in-house activities and services of the library.
- The Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) will be made available to the users to identify the status of availability of documents in the library.
- Library is provided with WI-FI Internet connectivity extensively used by the library staff, and faculty.